We are hiring
Do you like Close the Gap Kenya so much, that you would like to work there? Feel free to apply openly
Job openings at close the gap kenya
See an overview bellow.
Vacancy Close the Gap Kenya: Accountant - finance
KEY TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reports to: Head of Finance
Location: Mombasa Ratna Square- Candidate must be Mombasa Based or willing to relocate permanently (no relocation allowance provided)
Salary: Market Rate (Competitive)
Who We Are:
We are an international for-profit social enterprise that aims to bridge the digital divide by offering high-quality, pre-owned computers collected from European and international companies to educational, medical and social projects in developing and emerging countries with Kenya being our base of operations in Africa. We also operate a co-working space and café in Mombasa targeted at providing professionals and entrepreneurs a flexible workspace in which to conduct their activities.
- • Manage accounting process supervised by the Head of Finance
- • Analyse financial information and prepare balance sheets.
- • Assist in Budget preparation
- • Ensure compliance with organizational guidelines and procedures, and country regulations.
- • Resolve account payable and receivable issues or queries.
- • Accurately perform daily reconciliations of cash, check and credit card transactions, and tally and file invoices.
- • Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) for financial statements.
- • Completely monthly statutory filing
- • Assist in financial and tax audits, and general ledger preparation.
- • Prepare income tax returns and corporate reporting requirements.
- • Develop monthly financial statements that include cash flow, profit and loss statements, and balance sheets.
- • Complete end of month close procedures.
Key competencies /requirements
- • Bachelors degree in Accounting or related (essential).
- • Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) certificate (advantageous).
- • 3-5 years of accounting work experience (essential).
- • Sound understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- • Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- • Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills.
- • Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- • Critical thinker with a high proficiency in math.
- • Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- • Excellent report writing, communication and IT skills.
- • Advanced competency in Microsoft Office and Accounting software packages
- • Ability to use cloud-based accounting software.
Deadline for Application: 09 July 2021
Apply through: Close The Gap Kenya Application
We are a proud Equal Employment Opportunity employer; we’re committed to creating an equitable, diverse and inclusive workspace regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. We are dedicated to creating an environment that celebrates and embraces individuals who reflect the diversity of the world we live in. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.